Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Applied Science
Open day - saturday 22 June 2013, 10am-2pm
Come to our Open Day to discover how our real-world courses will help you to achieve your ambitions; plus, try your hand at a range of free taster activities and chat with lecturers, support staff and learners.
Our courses offer a practical, real-world approach to helping you achieve your goals and reach your potential. Redbridge College is officially the number one performing college in Greater London for learners who successfully complete their courses, and the 10th best overall nationally. In addition, our most recent Ofsted report recognised Redbridge as a ‘good’ college with ‘outstanding’ features.
Learners studying Science courses at Redbridge College have the benefit of learning in our fully-equipped laboratories. Wearing a lab coat, you'll undertake exciting experiments that relate to real-life working principles.
Core units you will study include:
- Chemistry and our earth
- Energy and our universe
- Biology and our environment
Plus choose from these specialists units:
- Applications of chemistry
- Health applications of life sciences
- The living body
- Science in medicine
- Chemical analysis and detection
- Science in the world of work
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to further enhance your skills and knowledge by progressing on to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science at Redbridge College. You will also have the option to enter employment, where potential roles could include:
- Quality control technician/analyst: carrying out analytical tests using modern instrumentation and ICT and interpreting data
- Medical physics technician: supporting the use of x-ray and other imaging/scanning instruments in a hospital
- Research laboratory technician: working on the development of new drugs, managing projects which include setting up apparatus, measuring and handling chemical substances, following procedures, carrying out observations and measurements, separating out and analysing products
Switchboard: Redbridge College, Little Heath, Romford, RM6 4XT
Tel: 020 8548 7400 | Fax: 020 8599 8224 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org